– Wull hay! Have you met my friend, Rachel Stevens? She’s the best blogger in Jackson!
– Hi, yeah, no, I’m sorry… really nice to meet you.
That’s a lot how the night went. I had an amazing ladydate with my friend Colleen [who, p.s., introduces me to almost all the new awesome music i know…
And, yeah, turns out I’m Jackson’s, “Best Blogger with Something to Say”…
…according to the JH Weekly.
I did not know this for much of the day. Around 2:30pm, I ran into Evan [the bf] and immediately he said…
– HAY! Congrats!
– What? For what?
– No one’s told you?
– What are you talking about?
Then he showed me the article.
“BEST Blogger with Something to Say
The year 2010 may go down as the year of the blog. Who doesn’t have one? And that’s the problem. Everyone has nothing to say. My favorite secret indulgence is wullhay.com, run by the coolest hippy chick on the planet – Rachel Stevens. I’ve never met her but I know she likes Thai food, has a soft spot for DQ Blizzards, and she turned me on to British street artist Banksy. I never know what to expect when I cyber-bungee into her world. Stevens’s journal entries are so raw and personal I feel like I’m hacking her diary. She has credibility. She lets it all hang out. Beatnik poetry, poster art, and videos from bands no one over 30 has ever heard of are sprinkled throughout the scrapbook website that is updated almost daily.
Catch Stevens on KHOL Tuesday mornings from 8 to 10 a.m.
– Jake Nichols“
I don’t know how excited I am supposed to get about something like this…
I would like to thank…
• All the random readers who I never actually know about. [you’re my favorite, really.]
• My friends who continually affirm that I’m not an idiot/insanely self-involved to have a blahg.
• My family who google searches “rachellaurenmarie.wordpress.com” almost every day to find this blahg.
• yayeveryday.com for making me look cool.
• pitchforkmedia.com for making me look cool.
• Lewis Smirl who always answers the phone, “WULL HAY!”
• The Academy [aka JH Weekly].
• Okay, no, but, seriously… Thanks, JH Weekly! I really appreciate it. This will make me do funny dances all around the town… in a good way.
• Everyone who I missed.
• I feel like I should throw in a F-bomb. Should I? Nah.
• Thanks, everyone!
And thanks to the lovely bearded man who will always slow dance with me when girls are lined up on one side of the gym and boys on the other… aka Evan… my roommate, my life-sharer, my teammate… the guy who found out I won “Best Blogger…” and had to give me this…
Made my day.
I love it.
And now I feel a lot of pressure to do rad things on here. I’m gonna keep trying to share newness in my life… beauty… heartache… awesomeness… dorkiness… love… dance-worthiness…
[but you should really be listening to this…]